If you're hoping to sell a work of non-fiction to a publishing house, you must have a book proposal. That proposal must answer the following questions:
1. What type of book (memoir, self-help, humor, expose, etc) is this?
2. What is the author's point?
3. Why is this author the proper person to write on this topic?
4. Why should this book get published at this point in time?
5. Who is the audience for this book and how can the publishing house reach them?
6. Why will the audience for this book actually like it?
7. Is the book well structured?
8. Can the author write well?
The proposal also must be created in the proper format.